The History of Anjon’s

Owned and operated by the DiSanto Family Since 1954

The year was 1954. Ann and John DiSanto (hence the “Anjon’s”) worked hard and saved enough money to buy an old fried seafood shack on Route 1 in Scarborough, Maine. Using their life savings to purchase this property – both had to go back to work for another three years in order to save enough to purchase the equipment needed to open. In 1957, their dream became reality and Anjon’s opened for business. Word of mouth advertising was all it took to make Ann’s restaurant one of the most popular spots in Scarborough. Today, the DiSanto family has continued the Anjon’s legacy – and even though Ann and John have passed – their memory and tradition lives on in each meal.